Which countries can travel to from Manchester, England in July 2021? Your summer 2021 isolation questions unanswered.
If like many you’re dying to get away this summer then there is good news, the UK Government in their latest announcement have added a bunch more countries on the green list that you can visit, to or from Manchester. You may be after a sunny getaway or simply, you’d like to reconnect with friends and family abroad without having to self-isolate or quarantine in a ‘quarantine hotel’.
You might have already booked travel abroad on the presumption that there wouldn't be any travel restrictions, to or from, your chosen destination in July - we've created a simple "what to do next guide" based on the latest guidelines (realised as of June 30th).
A brief look at ‘the rules’ for international travel
According to the government’s latest announcement from 4 am Wednesday 30th June, Malta, Madeira, the Balearic Islands, several UK overseas territories and Caribbean islands, including Barbados, will be on Englands Green List for travel. These popular holiday destinations with Brits will be quarantine-free for travellers that are fully vaccinated travelling back to England.
When returning from these countries travellers will not be required to isolate as long as they have a negative test on return and have been double vaccinated.
There is a very long list of countries that are not yet on the Green List and are still on the Amber List.
- A - Akrotiri, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan
- B - The Bahamas, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bonaire, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso
- C - Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic
- D - Denmark, Djibouti
- E - El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia
- F - Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia
- G - Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau
- H - Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary
- I - Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italy
- J - Jamaica, Japan, Jordan,
- K - Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
- L - Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
- M - Macao, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morrocco, Myanmar (Burma),
- N - Nauru, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, North Macedonia, Norway
- P - Palau, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal
- R - Réunion, Romania, Russia
- S - Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Maarten, St Martin and St Barthélemy, St Pierre and Miquelon, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria
- T - Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu
- U - Ukraine, United States (USA), Uzbekistan
- V - Vanuatu, Vietnam
- W - Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara
- Y - Yemen
When travelling back from these countries, you’ll legally be required to isolate yourself either from home or alternative accommodation for a minimum of 5 days, providing that a negative test is complete on return.
Currently, anyone returning from a Red List country will be required to quarantine from a government-approved quarantine hotel for at least 10 days.
What do you do when you land in England?
If you’re unable to isolate at home in England or do not have a base when travelling to England for work purposes or 'just because', then alternative accommodation such as an apartment-hotel like CitySuites is a hassle-free and flexible option that would suit your needs if you are due to land in Manchester.
At CitySuites, our ethos is to make any stay feel like a home away from home, whether that is for one night or two weeks, our apartments are designed with everything you could need to be self-sufficient, complete with all the comforts of home.
Five Day Isolation Package
If you’re travelling from an amber country, then we can arrange drop-off contactless food and postal deliveries to your apartment door. Unlike a hotel, we won’t need to invade your personal space. You’ll also find all of our apartments come complete with a full Sky TV package so you’ll have plenty of shows and movie channels to keep you entertained during your time isolating.
A luxury and sanitised city centre base in Manchester with everything you need for a comfortable stay over your quarantine period.
What’s Included when isolating from our Manchester apartments?
- A fully furnished apartment complete with washer-dryer, dishwasher and fridge-freezer.
- Full Sky HD TV Package including movies.
- Welcome pack on arrival including all of your basic food essentials.
- Superfast wifi that allows you to connect your devices to each other so you can really feel at home.
- Post, groceries and takeaway food to be contactlessly delivered to your door by our concierge.
- Team on hand 24/7 for support.
What to do after you land in Manchester Airport from an Amber List country?
As soon as you land you need to make your way to your isolation accommodation noted on your passenger locator form. You will also be required to have a PCR test via a government approved provider either on or before day 2 of your arrival.
There are many hotels in the Manchester area that are near Manchester airport, however, there are only a handful of five-star properties near the airport. The nearest hotel is Oddfellows On The Park and the furthest away is Moss Lodge Hotel. In the city centre, there are a handful of five-star hotels within easy reach of the airport. The only five-star apartment-hotel near Manchester airport is CitySuites Aparthotel which is under 9 miles away from the airport.