Why Manchester is the UK’s Best Destination for a Girls’ Weekend
From shopping trips to spas and cocktail classes to crazy golf, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in the vibrant city of Manchester. In this guide, we reveal all of the best things to do on a girls’ weekend in Manchester.
Channel your inner child
What better time to have a laugh with your mates and try something new than during a girls’ weekend? Even if your head’s a little sore from the night before, these girls’ weekend ideas in Manchester are a great way of getting everyone involved and having fun!
- Junkyard Golf - Pick n Mix? Cocktails? Jungles? Fairgrounds? Sign us up! Crazy golf just got even crazier thanks to Junkyard Golf in Manchester. With 3 different themed courses to try (Gary, Bozo and Pablo), a bar area to chill out in, snacks to keep you going and a fun cocktail menu, why not opt for an afternoon filled with sugar, mayhem and (hopefully) hole-in-ones!
- The Crystal Maze - If the members of your group enjoy a bit of adventure, they’ll love The Crystal Mazeexperience in Manchester. Bringing the much-loved 90’s TV show to life, this unique experience will have you and your teammates running wild in an attempt to solve the tricky, fun and lively challenges you’ll face in the game. Activity packages are priced at £65 per person.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Party - If you fancy trying something different, why not celebrate over a mysterious meal hosted by Manchester Murder Mysteries. Play detective and find out ‘who done it’ with their entertaining plots, charming characters and fun games. With prices starting at £49.95 per person.
- It’s A Knockout - Another TV-themed experience is Manchester’s very own ‘It’s A Knockout’, based on the BBC game show of the same name. Starting from just £45 per person, let your inner child takeover as you take on the inflatables, slides, sponges, costumes and foam that made the classic TV show such a hit!
- Spice Girls Dance Class - Spice up your girls’ weekend with a fun Spice Girls inspired dance class at Sashay Dance in Manchester. With sessions priced from just £23 per person, the class includes a 90 minute dance class, fun accessories and as many photos and videos as your heart desires.
Hit the shops
If you’re anything like us, an afternoon spent shopping with your besties is an afternoon well spent! In Manchester, you can shop ‘til you drop with hundreds of retailers to choose from. Whether you’re after large department stores, high end boutiques or small independent fashion shops, Manchester really does have it all when it comes to its shopping scene.
- The Trafford Centre - Manchester’s world famous indoor shopping centre and leisure complex is just a 15 minute taxi ride from CitySuites aparthotel. Boasting over 200 shops, restaurants, and attractions to suit all tastes, your shopping spree will be like no other at the Trafford Centre.
- The Arndale - Just a short 7 minute walk from CitySuites is the fantastic Arndale shopping centre in Manchester. With a wide range of food and drink outlets, markets and shops, there are so many options available at the Manchester Arndale.
- Spinningfields - If you’re a lover of designer clothing and luxury department stores, you’re in for a treat on a visit to Spinningfields in Manchester. King Street is a must for a shopping spree in the finest international and British designers, and makes for a lavish girls’ weekend.
- The Northern Quarter - If you prefer smaller, independent, more quirky shops, head over to Manchester’s Northern Quarter where you’ll find all things weird and wonderful. Cool boutiques and curious shops await you on a wander down Oldham Street in the historic Northern Quarter district.
Try a new tipple
What better way to end a day of shopping than with a tasty drink (or two.. or three!). From casual pubs to swanky bars and everything in between, the diverse city of Manchester has you covered.
- Wine tasting - Manchester Wine School’s private wine tasting sessions are the ultimate idea for wine lovers. Prices start from £26 each depending on the size of the group and include tastings of 6 different wines and an introduction on how to taste wine like a pro. They also offer prosecco tasting and gin tasting sessions, with options available for non-drinkers such as sparkling Muscato, to make sure everyone can get involved.
- Cocktail masterclass - If you fancy trying your hand at the art of cocktail making, head over to the Botanist in Deansgate. With a backdrop of stunning decor and live music, you’ll be shown how to make 3 scrumptious cocktails, whilst getting involved in fun games, activities and competitions. Prices for a masterclass package start at £24.95 per person for a group of up to 6.
- Tiki night - The Liar’s Club, located just off Deansgate is by far Manchester’s best tiki bar. Described on their website as “A tropical hideaway packed with rum, fun, cocktails and Tiki craziness”, The Liar’s Club is the perfect spot for a Carribean themed night. With fun staff, vibrant decor and even the odd cocktail being set on fire!
- A quiet one - If flaming cocktails and fancy backdrops aren’t really your thing, then why not go for a couple of drinks at your local. Just a stone’s throw from CitySuites aparthotel, The New Oxford offers a cosy, traditional feel, alongside a range of draught beers, real ales, ciders, spirits, gins and more.
- Get fancy - If you’re going for an elegant and sophisticated vibe, Cloud 23 is a must. Located on the 23rd floor of the Beetham Tower, take in the city’s breathtaking skyline whilst enjoying a unique cocktail, glass of wine or even a bottle of bubbly.
Put your feet up
What better excuse to put your feet up and relax than on a girly weekend away? After a tranquil swim in the 18m pool and a dip in the jacuzzi here at CitySuites, head out for an afternoon packed with TLC for you and the girls.
For many of us, getting a beauty or relaxation treatment is a sure fire way to feel good. And on a girls’ weekend, who doesn’t want to feel and look amazing? The good news is, Manchester is home to a vast array of luxurious spas, wellness centres and beauty salons that can make all of your pamper day dreams come true.
- Manicures all round - Bella Spa is just a 15 minute minute stroll from CitySuites aparthotel. The salon boasts 10 individual nail stations, which is perfect for a big group! Packages start from just £9 per person.
- Hair and makeup - Let your hair down (or up) with a gorgeous new hair do and makeover from No Filter Neededmobile hairdressers and beauty therapists. Simply download their app, book the service you require and they’ll come straight to your CitySuites apartment and give you a brand new look! This is a perfect time-saver and will allow you to get ready all together before even leaving your room!
After all the excitement of a fun-filled day, you’re sure to have worked up an appetite. Here are some of our favourite spots for a scrumptious meal out in Manchester city centre.
- Embankment Kitchen - Brunch in style with our scrumptious eggs benedict, or tuck into a hearty homemade dish in the evening here at CitySuites’ Embankment Kitchen. With a daily changing menu using only the finest ingredients, you’ll be spoilt for choice with our delicious range of breakfast, lunch and dinner options. To complement your meal, have a browse through our extensive drinks menu, with a selection of fine wines, craft ales and delicious cocktails.
- Tattu - If you and the girls are lovers of Chinese food and fancy something classy and elegant, look no further than Tattu restaurant and bar on Hardman square in Spinningfields. Just a 12 minute walk from CitySuites, Tattu is a great choice for a scrumptious meal.
- 20 Storeys - For a meal like no other, the infamous 20 Stories in Spinningfields is a must. With 360 degree views high above the city and a selection of mouth watering British dishes to choose from, you and the girls will feel like royalty on a night out up in the clouds.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this guide of the best things to do on a Girls’ Weekend in Manchester. If you do decide to book a trip to the city, why not have a browse through our stunning range of interconnecting apartments, so you and the girls can enjoy the ultimate weekend together.